Process- Digital Journalism

For this mission my group and I chose digital journalism. I enjoyed doing this as it was very interactive and another subject I had great interest in.Before we started doing this video we got together and decided what we wanted to do. We decided to take various surveys and physically ask people of all different ages how they think digital journalism has changed over the years in everybodys lives, whether it be work school or for our own leisure. We also wanted to find out how many people still actually sit down to watch the news instead of reading headlines our phones and searching different bits on the internet, which we are all guilty of. During this mission I messaged a few of my friends on snapchat and asked them to screenshot their screen times and send them to me so I could compare how long each of us spent on our phones and how long we spent on each app. The average between my friends and I including Sam and Jade who were in my group was seven hours a day and it was showing that we all mostly use Instagram and snapchat the most. I also asked my parents and older family members and friends for their screen times and they were all a lot less averaging around 2 hours each which is a massive difference to the younger age. It was also showing that they spent most of their time on WhatsApp and Facebook. I enjoyed researching and finding out this information as it made me much more aware of how much we rely and depend on our phones even though we don't actually need them which isn't actually right as I have realised I am addicted to my phone and from now on I am trying to cut down on using it so much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game Brainstorm

Product